Things You Need to Keep in Mind to Perform Netgear EX3700 Setup
Mywifiext.local is the default web address that you use to perform Netgear EX3700 setup using a Mac device. However, many people face issues while trying to set up their extender using mywifiext.local. To make sure that you don’t end up getting stuck with the same issue, I’ve written this article. Here, I’ll provide you with the topmost tips that you need in order to set up the Netgear extender with ease.
So, without wasting any more time, scroll down, and continue reading.
What You Need to Remember to Perform Netgear EX3700 Setup
- Is Your Extender Placed at the Right Location?
First things first, you need to take care of the placement of your Netgear extender before you set the device up. And to do that, mentioned below are the things that you need to keep in mind:
- The extender and your home router should be placed in the same area.
- Keep the extender far away from electronic devices as well as transmitting appliances.
- Do not place your WiFi extender near thick concrete walls, The WiFi will get blocked.
- Also, avoid placing the EX3700 extender behind the cupboard or near the television.
- Have You Configured the Hardware Properly?
Another thing that you need to keep in mind before setting up the EX3700 extender is to configure the hardware properly. Make sure that the wall socket you’ve plugged your extender into is free of damages. If not, then either get it fixed or plug your device into another power outlet. What’s the point of going through trouble when you can clearly avoid it, right?
Also, do not proceed further with the setup process until and unless the power LED light has not turned solid green. Wait patiently for the LED to become green once you press the Power button on your Netgear WiFi range extender. Once it does, connect your device to Netgear_ext.
- Is the Web Browser You’re Using Updated?
Half of the time users aren’t able to perform Netgear EX3700 setup because of an outdated web browser. To stop yourself from making the same mistake, ensure that the web browser you’re using is up-to-date. Additionally, keep the following points in mind:
- Clear the cache and browsing history of your internet browser if needed.
- If that still doesn’t resolve the issue, then switch to another web browser.
- Are You Using a Fast Internet Connection?
Another major thing that you need to keep in mind is that your internet connection is fast enough. The reason being, a weak internet connection will not just cause setup issues, but also other extender not working issues.
To troubleshoot this little issue, ensure that the Netgear EX3700 extender is well connected to your home router. You can use a WiFi source to create a connection between both your WiFi devices. In order to be on the safer side, make use of an Ethernet cable to connect the extender and router.
Also, to be more sure whether your internet connection is up to the mark, get in touch with your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- The firmware of your Netgear EX3700 WiFi range extender should be updated if you don’t want to get stuck with another setup issue.
- Scan your Netgear extender before putting it to use. It should be free of malicious software and viruses. In case it isn’t, then install antivirus software on your device immediately.
- You can use the default IP address to set up your extender in case the default web address isn’t working in your favor.
So, this was all about the things that you need to keep in mind to perform Netgear EX3700 setup. In case of any doubts and queries, feel free to get in touch with me through the comments section below.