Why Does My Netgear WiFi Router Keep Disconnecting
Netgear WiFi routers are one of the most popular networking devices in the WiFi industry. However, users all across the globe are facing issues with it. And one of the most common issuesexperienced by users is that the Netgear router keeps disconnecting over and over again.
Are you also facing the same issue with your WiFi router? If the answer is yes, the good news is that you’ve landed on the right page. In this article, you’ll find everything needed to fix the issue at hand. So, without wasting anymore time, read on.
Resolved: Netgear Router Keeps Disconnecting
Mentioned below are the topmost troubleshooting steps that’ll help you in resolving the internet issue that you’re facing with your WiFi device:
- Connect the Router to the Modem
One of the major reasons why your Netgear router keeps disconnecting is because it isn’t connected to the modem. Therefore, make sure that your WiFi router is well connected to the existing modem.
Do not connect your devices wirelessly. It is recommended that you connect them using an Ethernet cable instead. Just make sure that the Ethernet cable you use is free of cuts. In case it isn’t, waste no time in replacing the cable with a new one.
Once a proper connection has been established between your router and modem, try to access the www.routerlogin.net web page. Are you able to do so? No? Well, it looks like the internet issue persists. Continue reading.
- Update the Firmware of the Router
One of the major reasons why you’re facing the internet issue is because the firmware of your Netgear router is outdated. Thus, make sure that you update the firmware of your WiFi device before trying to access the routerlogin.net web page.
Mentioned below are the step-by-step guidelines that you need to go through in order toupdate the firmware of your WiFi device:
- Power on your Netgear router as well as the modem
- Connect both the WiFi devices using a cable.
- Switch on your laptop and launch a web browser.
- Before putting your browser to use, update it.
- Perform Netgear router login and go to the Settings option.
- Click on the Firmware Update button.
- Wait for some time until your Netgear device doesn’t get updated.
In this way, you can update the firmware of your WiFi router easily. In case you stuck at any point while trying to update your device, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts. They’ll surely be of some assistance to you.
- Perform Factory Default Reset
Is your Netgear router still not connecting to the internet? Well, in that case, it’s high time that you perform factory default reset. There are two ways in which you can restore your device to its factory default settings. Hard reset and soft reset.
- Hard Reset
Follow the instructions given below to hard reset your Netgear WiFi device:
- Power on your home router.
- Look for the Reset button at the bottom of your device.
- Once found, press it carefully using a paper clip.
- Wait for the Netgear router to reboot itself.
- Soft Reset
In order to soft reset your Netgear router, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Press the Power button on your home router.
- Connect the router to the modem using a cable.
- Switch on your PC and visit routerlogin web page.
- Head over to the Advanced section.
- Click on Erase > Restore to factory default settings.
- Give your device some time to get restored to its factory default settings.
In this manner, you can easily reset your Netgear WiFi router. Not just that, but you’ll also get rid of the ‘Netgear router keeps disconnecting’ issue. On the off chance if you are still struggling with this issue, feel free to reach out to our experts at any hour of the day