Linksys WiFi routers boost the existing range and coverage of your modem or access point. But, like any other WiFi device, your Linksys router is also prone to technical issues. And blinking amber LED after Linksys router setup is the most common issues faced by every user today.
If you are also one of those who are facing the same issue, then you have reached the right post. Here, you will get to know some simple tips to fix blinking amber LED after Linksys router setup in minutes. Let’s get started!
Fix: Blinking Amber LED after Linksys Router Setup
Modem/ Access Point Connectivity Issue
If your Linksys router is unable to connect with your modem or access point, then try to power cycle your devices. To do so, unplug your devices from their respective power outlet, wait for 10-15 seconds, and plug them back in again.
Once you power cycle your devices, try to connect them with each other using an Ethernet cable. To avoid any issues, make sure that the Ethernet cable you are using to connect your Linksys router and modem/ access point must be dust and cuts-free.
Chances are that you might have ignored the Linksys router firmware updates and that is letting you experience an amber LED after router setup. So, to fix any kind of router-related issues, it is important to keep the firmware of your device up-to-date.
To update the firmware on your Linksys router, follow the instructions listed below:
- Plug in your Linksys router in reach of your modem or access point.
- Connect them both either in a wireless manner or using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your computer or laptop.
- Launch a web browser and enter the default Linksys router IP address in the URL bar.
- Press Enter.
- Enter the Linksys router login credentials. If you have changed the login credentials of your Linksys router, use that instead.
- Click on Administration > Firmware Upgrade > Browse button.
- Select the downloaded firmware update file and click on Open.
- Click on Start Upgrade > Continue.
The firmware update process will start on the same page and your router will reboot.
Set Up Your Linksys Router Properly
In somehow situation, if you have left the Linksys router setup process incomplete, then that can be the reason behind the issue. To fix issues with your Linksys router, simply ensure to complete it properly. If you don’t know the Linksys router setup process, contact our technical executives right away.
Last but not the least! To fix blinking amber LED after Linksys router setup is to reset it back to factory default values.
A Word of Caution: All your personalized settings will be deleted after the Linksys router reset process. So, it is recommended to take the backup of all the router’s customized settings before performing the factory reset process.
Let’s get started with the Linksys router reset process, shall we?
- First things first, make sure to disconnect your Linksys router from your modem/ access point.
- Then, locate the reset hole on your Linksys router.
- Push it using a pin or a paper clip.
- Hold the Linksys router reset hole for some time and release it.
- Your Linksys router resets successfully.
- Let all the LEDs on your Linksys router become stable.
Now, try to reconfigure your Linksys router using the default settings and password.
Bonus: Apart from the router-related issues, you are always welcome to seek assistance from our professionals for Linksys extender setup process.
In a Nutshell
We hope that the troubleshooting tips given in this post have helped you fix blinking amber LED after Linksys router setup issue. on the off chance if you are still facing the same issue, without much delay, get in touch with our competent experts via comments.