If you are planning to add the QR code campaign to your marketing strategy then it is cool. It is beneficial, but there are many ways to get all screwed up. Here are some common and avoidable mistakes to realize and stay away from.
Choosing the wrong QR code type
Choosing the right QR code type makes a difference in your marketing success. Understand the QR code types and determine your goal first before choosing the QR code type.
- Static code is ideal for pre-written content, which does not need editing later because the code will not change.
- Dynamic code is editable and is a great option for consistent updates and fixing errors without generating new code. Every scanned code is trackable.
- Single-use code is perfect for discounts and coupons. Generate it in bulk for single use only.
- An unlimited scan code is used to share a lot of content and influence consumer interaction.
- Single code can be used and reused for a single purpose.
- Bulk codes are used to register numerous participants for a class or event.
The QR code type you choose will depend on your marketing goals. You can try the 7-day free online QR code generator from QR-Kode.no. It supports scan tracking on the internet. Give it a try!
Choose the wrong printing material
You will need to avoid –
- Glossy reflective materials
- Stickers prone to wrinkle
- Clothing tags that wash off with ease
- On windows with transparent background
These materials make it hard for the scanner device or reader to detect the information.
QR codes are difficult to scan…..
- Improper size – Large code size bigger for scanning screen makes it hard to capture the complete information.
- Placement – Placing too low can make it difficult for people to scan and positioning too high will also have the same issue. People will move away without scanning. So, choose a convenient and visible location to print the QR code.
- Geo-location – QR codes are workable in regions with an internet connection. In places without internet choose the SMS QR code.
- Moving targets – Never print QR codes on moving TV screens but at the bottom it is fine. Avoid billboards on highways or drive-by streets because there are constant vehicle movements. Choose billboards on foot traffic streets or parked catering vans.
Underestimating design options
Creativity pays off because adding colors, frames, and logos with clear CTA encourages customer reaction via scanning. Ignoring design options make you lose potential sales. People don’t interact with the boring white & black box without any CTA. Make your brand eye-catching, it takes a couple of minutes but the investment will pay off.
Forget to test the QR code
It is a costly error. For example, if the code is printed on a business card with wrong contact details or on merchandise to be sold at a fair then your marketing efforts will be a waste. With a dynamic QR code type, you can edit the details without reprinting new code. So, always test before printing because once you print it the campaign can suffer a huge loss, especially if you have used static QR code type.
The above QR code blunders are avoidable, so be careful!