Despite every effort that you’ve made so far, is your Netgear EX3700 extender not connecting to the WiFi router? If the answer to the question is yes, then fret not, because you’ve landed on the right post.
Here, you’ll be provided with the troubleshooting tips to resolve the ‘Netgear extender not connecting to the router’ issue. So, without any further discussion, let’s get the ball rolling, shall we?
Resolved: Netgear EX3700 Extender Not Connecting to Router
- Perform Netgear EX3700 Setup Carefully
One of the most common reasons why your Netgear extender isn’t connecting to the router is because of an impartial setup. To troubleshoot this issue, ensure that you perform Netgear EX3700 setup very carefully. You can use any of the following methods to set up your WiFi device:
- By accessing the mywifiext.net web page
- By using the Netgear Nighthawk app
- By pressing the WPS button
- By making using of an Ethernet cable
- Get the Hardware Configuration in Place
Another thing that you need to do in order to connect the extender to the router is to keep the hardware configuration in check. To do that, here are the points that you need to consider:
- The EX3700 extender and router should be properly connected with a wire.
- Both the WiFi devices should receive a fluctuation-free power supply.
- The power LED light on both devices should be stable.
- The wall socket that you’re using shouldn’t be damaged at any cost.
- Place Your Extender At Its Ideal Location
Bad placement of your Netgear EX3700 extender is another major reason why it isn’t connecting to the router. Thus, while relocate your device and keep the following tips in mind while doing so:
- Place your extender in the center most location of your house.
- Keep the extender away from reflexive surfaced like mirrors and fish tanks.
- Do not place your device beneath or inside a cupboard.
- Electronic devices and metal objects should be at a distance from the extender.
- Also, place your EX3700 extender away from thick concrete walls and corners.
- Power Cycle the Netgear WiFi Extender
If you still aren’t able to connect your Netgear EX3700 extender to thr router, then it is recommended that you power-cycle your device. Sometimes, power-cycling your device is enough to get rid of the technical glitches.
Walk through thr step-by-step guidelines mentioned below and know how to restart your Netgear WiFi range extender:
- Unplug your Netgear EX3700 extender.
- Disconnect all the devices connected to your extender.
- Wait patiently for a couple of minutes.
- Then, plug the extender back into the wall socket.
- Power on your device.
- Now, connect to Netgear_ext before connecting your device to the router.
If power cycling your device doesn’t work in your favor, then you just have one option left in the box to resolve the box. And that is, restoring your extender to its factory default mode.
Here’s how to reset your Netgear EX3700 WiFi range extender:
- Open a browser on your laptop or mobile device,
- Go to the mywifiext.net administrative page.
- On the top right corner, click on the hamburger option.
- Select Settings > Backup Settings.
- Now, click on the ‘Restore to factory default settings’ button.
Count to 10 and let your Netgear extender get restored to its default settings.
Though resetting your device will surely help you connect to the router, in case you stuck somewhere, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team of experts. Our highly qualified technians are available 24/7 to assist you. So, feel free to get all your doubts cleared. All you have to do is, drop by the comments section below.