Are There Ways Casino Players Can Use Math to Win?
Yes, there are ways by which a casino player can use mathematics to win. You must practice being good at it, so download the Vulkan Vegas app, where you can play casino games for free.
Today, we will show you the ways to use math to win in casino games. Take your pick and the time to practice, and you can improve your chances of winning.
Math in Roulette
For the sake of simplicity, we will use the European variant of roulette. In total, there are 37 boxes in the roulette wheel where the ball can land.
The way it works is you wager on a number. This is the straight bet. The odds are 35:1, which means for every dollar you bet, you win an extra 35 if the ball lands on the number you chose.
So, let us say you wagered on the number 25. You placed a bet of $1. The likelihood of the ball landing on the number 25 is one in 37.
Here is the math: 1 / 73 = 2.70%. As you can see, you only have a 2.70% chance of winning in a straight bet. The casino has a 97.3% chance of winning. It simply means that the odds are not in your favor.
Now, there are 18 black holes and 18 red holes in roulette. The other hole is green, which also has the number 0.
You can place a bet for either black or red, the prize ratio of which is 2:1. If you wagered $1 on black and the ball lands on a black hole, you get your $1 and then win $2.
Most people think that the odds in this bet are 50-50. No, it is not. The real likelihood of winning on this bet is only 48.65%.
The math is this: 18 black holes / 19 other holes = 48.65%. So, if you wagered on black, the casino has 51.35% of winning. Still, it is more favorable to them than you. If you wagered on red, the principle is the same.
Now that you know how the math works, will you bet on a straight bet or the black/red one? Surely, you would choose the latter as it gives you a higher likelihood of winning.
In the game of craps, you wager on the pass line, which means you believe the thrower would land a 7 or an 11.
If the results are 2, 3, or 12, you lose.
For 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10, the thrower has to keep rolling the dice to match the previous roll — BEFORE he rolls a seven to win.
To make an excellent decision here, you must know the possibilities of rolling a 7 or 11. Each dice has six sides with one to six dots. There are two dice in the game.
Here is a table that shows the probabilities of landing which numbers or combos:
|Dice Total||Combinations||% Chance|
As you can see, there are only two possible ways to land an 11, and the odds are 5.56%. On the other hand, there are six possible ways to land a combo of 7, and the odds are 16.67%.
Overall, your odds are 22.23% if you bet on the pass line. On the same wager, the likelihood of the house winning (2, 3, 12) is 11.12%. Sounds good, right?
However, nobody wins if the thrower lands 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10. Instead (let us say he landed 5), he must keep on throwing the dice until he hits a 5, and this must happen before he lands a 7, or you lose.
Here is a simplified explanation:
The likelihood of landing 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10 is 66.66%. It means that this will happen 66% of the time on the first throw.
If this happens, the likelihood of him hitting a seven on the first throw is 16.67%. The likelihood of re-hitting the same number as the previous throw is shown below:
|Dice Total||Combinations||% Chance|
As you can see, he is more likely to land a 7 (16.67%) than any of these numbers, which means you are more likely to lose.
Because of this, the better thing to do is bet AGAINST the thrower. In this case, it is called a COME bet, where you are wagering that his second throw will land a seven before he matches the result of the first throw.
Mathematics and statistics are the fundamental foundations of casino games. All the games are favorable to the house. As such, you must fight math with math and make choices intelligently. Do not rely on your emotions when betting. Instead, use mathematics to get ahead of the game.