Having a big upper body and skinny legs can be a frustrating physique to have. Many struggle to build up their legs despite focusing all their time and effort on leg workouts, diet, and lifestyle changes. If you are stuck with big upper body skinny legs, there may be some underlying reasons for this. This article discusses why guys get stuck with skinny legs and a big upper body, as well as the best exercises for people with this physique.
Skinny Legs Big Upper Body: Reasons Guys Get Stuck With Skinny Legs
Several factors can contribute to an individual having skinny legs, despite having a big upper body.
- You Are Not Switching Up Your Exercises – If you are doing the same exercises repeatedly or have not been challenging your muscles enough with heavier weights, this can lead to plateauing muscle growth.
- You Might Have Weak Legs – Many people focus on their upper body and neglect to build up their leg muscles. If you have weak legs, this could contribute to your inability to gain muscle.
- You Need To Concentrate On Volume Training – Volume training is a great way to build muscle mass in the legs, as it involves doing multiple sets of higher repetitions at a lower weight.
- You Are Complicating Things – If you try too many fancy techniques or workouts, muscle growth can be counter-productive.
- You Are Doing Too Much Cardio – Cardio is excellent for health, but excessive amounts can lead to muscle breakdown, which is not ideal when trying to build muscle.
- You Need To Take More Carbs – Not getting enough carbs can be an issue if you are trying to gain muscle mass in your legs.
- You Are Neglecting Your Calves – If you focus all your attention on the front and back of your legs, you neglect the calf muscles.
- You Are Missing Leg Days – If you are not making time for leg days in your workout routine, this can have a negative effect on your muscle growth.
Best Workout For People With Skinny Legs And Big Upper Body
The following are some of the best exercises for people with skinny legs and a big upper body:
- The Barbell Bulgarian Split Squat
- Seated Dumbbell Calf Raise
- Romanian Deadlift
- Hack Squats
- Barbell Side Lunge
- Leg presses
Skinny Legs Big Upper Body: The Bottom Line
Having a big upper body and skinny legs can be discouraging and make it difficult to gain muscle mass in your legs. However, there are steps you can take to address this issue. Be sure to switch up your exercises, concentrate on volume training, take more carbs, and make time for leg days in your routine. Additionally, focusing on the correct exercises can help you to maximize your muscle growth potential. With the proper diet and exercise routine, you can build up those skinny legs and achieve a body composition you are proud of.
If you have any questions or want more advice on gaining muscle mass in your legs, please consult with a medical professional.
The content above is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical advice. Please consult a qualified healthcare provider for any questions or concerns about your health.